September 5, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Bill Vint
(800) 514-2695 ext. 3230
email@example.com On the Web: bowl.com
September 5, 2008
USBC RENEWS NEWS MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS AWARDS PROGRAMS
GREENDALE, Wis. - The United States Bowling Congress has renewed its expanded news media and communications awards programs, designed to recognize excellence in communicating news and information about the sport of bowling to the American bowling public at all levels.
The recognition program, sponsored by USBC’s official membership publication, US Bowler, will feature cash prizes for bowling writers, USBC local or state associations and photographers. The US Bowler Writing Contest winners will be recognized during the Bowling Writers Association of America’s annual meeting in Las Vegas next June while the association award winners will be recognized during the 2009 USBC Convention in Reno, Nev., in April 2009.
USBC’s 57th annual Writing Competition for mainstream media outlets will award first, second and third-place cash prizes of $500, $300 and $200 in editorial, news and photography categories, and five cash prizes of $500, $400, $300, $200 and $100 in the feature writing category.
For the second year, USBC will sponsor $500, $300 and $200 prizes to local or state associations for grassroots media efforts in best newsletter, best Web site and best overall communications program categories.
2008 US BOWLER WRITING COMPETITION RULES
1. Postmark deadline for entering the 2008 US Bowler Writing Competition is Jan. 31, 2009.
2. Editorial, Feature, News and Photography submissions must have been published or broadcast between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2008. Entries must be original clippings from the respective publication; printouts from materials published on Internet websites, and/or tape or CD of materials from radio or television.
3. Materials that appeared in US Bowler, US Youth Bowler or on bowl.com are ineligible.
4. Entry guidelines for the four US Bowler categories are:
6. The winner in each category also will receive a paid one-year membership in the Bowling Writers Association of America, provided by the United States Bowling Congress.
7. Entries should be unmounted, clearly identified as to author as well as name and date of publication. Author's name, mailing address and social security number must be included with the entry. Entries will not be returned.
8. Photo entries must not exceed 8 x 10 inches. Digital photos may be submitted in high-resolution JPEG format (send via e-mail to: Bill.Vint@bowl.com). Video files must be submitted on CD or DVD in a suitable Windows Media Player format.
9. Entries are limited to two per author in each division.
10. Send entries to: US Bowler Writing Competition, 621 Six Flags Dr., Arlington, TX 76011.
US BOWLER USBC ASSOCIATION MEDIA AWARDS RULES
1. Postmark deadline for entering the 2008 US Bowler USBC Association Media Awards Competition is Jan. 31, 2009.
2. Submissions must have been produced between Jan. 1, 2008, and Dec. 31, 2008.
3. This awards competition is open exclusively to USBC local and state associations, or agents contracted to represent those associations.
4. Entry guidelines for the three award categories are:
6. Cash prizes of $500, $300 and $200 will be awarded to the top three associations in each category.
7. Entries are limited to one per association in each division.
8. Official entry forms are posted on bowl.com under the “Association” tab.
9. Send entries to: US Bowler USBC Association Media Awards Competition, 621 Six Flags Dr., Arlington, TX 76011.
United States Bowling Congress
The United States Bowling Congress, as the national governing body, ensures the integrity and protects the future of the sport, provides programs and services to nearly 2.5 million adult and youth members and enhances the bowling experience.
Bowl with US